Position Title: English Second Language Instructor (p/t)
POSITION SUMMARY: Provide instruction, guidance and direction for non-native English learners. Must be able to integrate technology and creativity into the lessons and infuse hands-on activities that give academic information relevance and greater understanding. Desired personality/character traits include strong teaching background, energetic, engaging, and self-motivated.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Designs and adapts the course of Adult Basic and Literacy Education (ABLE) to meet the needs of adult students, including adults with characteristics of learning disabilities
- Interprets results of various assessments, including WRAT-4, PowerPath, and CASAS
- Coordinate reassessment of students as needed
- Adapts instructional strategies to foster learning objectives in multi-lingual classroom using a variety of delivery methods (individual, pair-work, small group, whole group, tutorial)
- Conducts group instruction activities that facilitate learning of the English language
- Reports to the Director of Curriculum & Instruction
- Performs other duties as assigned by Executive Director
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS DESIRED
- Minimum Education/Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in education or related field.
- At least two years of experience teaching ESL learners
- State of Oklahoma Teaching Certificate credential preferred, but not required.
- Ability to lift 30 pounds
- Desired Skills:
- Excellent oral and written communications skills;
- Working knowledge of Windows applications;
- Creative thinker that can go “outside the box” in order to obtain desired results and objectives.
- Strong leadership abilities; organized, self-directed with a comprehensive knowledge of educational and social work counseling principles
- Position Details:
- Provide instruction for OIC’s Conversational English course
- Part-time, daytime position for approximately 15-20 hours/week; independent contractor
Submit questions or resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.