Position Title: ADULT LITERACY INSTRUCTOR (p/t)
POSITION SUMMARY: Team teaches basic reading, mathematics, social studies and science to adult learners at varied academic levels. Must be able to integrate the use of technology into the lessons and infuse hands-on activities that give academic information relevance and greater understanding.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Designs and adapts the course of Adult Basic and Literacy Education (ABLE) to meet the needs of adult students, including adults with characteristics of learning disabilities
- Interprets results of various assessments, including WRAT-4, PowerPath, and CASAS, to create personalized learning plans for individual adult literacy learners
- Coordinate reassessment of students as needed
- Adapts instructional strategies and classroom management to foster the program’s goals and learning objectives in a multi-level and multi-subject classroom using a variety of delivery methods (individual, pair-work, small group, whole group, tutorial and computer/technology-aided)
- Creates individual assignments with students
- Implements lesson plans and activities which will incorporate College and Career Readiness Standards (CCRS)
- Reports to the Director of Curriculum & Instruction
- Performs other duties as assigned by Executive Director.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS DESIRED
- Minimum Education/Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in education or related field.
- At least four years of experience teaching high school students or adult learners in a non-traditional educational setting.
- A State of Oklahoma Teaching Certificate credential preferred, but not required.
- Ability to lift 30 pounds
- Desired Skills:
- Excellent oral and written communications skills;
- Working knowledge of Windows applications;
- Creative thinker that can go “outside the box” in order to obtain desired results and objectives.
- Strong leadership abilities; organized, self-directed with a comprehensive knowledge of educational and social work counseling principles
Submit questions or resume to firstname.lastname@example.org