- Department of Homeland Security
- Do's & Don'ts for Teaching English Language Learners
- How to Apply for U.S. Citizenship
- Pronunciation Tip
- Choose the option and guide your story
This section covers the areas of the writing process.
- Responding to the First Draft
- Revising the Draft
- Editing for Correctness
- Writing prompts, lesson plans, quizzes and vocabulary, social studies, science and math, ell & arts, current events, includes tutor tips for teaching reading
- Online tools make history, civics and media literacy relevant.
- Offers free resources to cultivate the First Amendment and media literacy skills essential to civic life.
What NOT to do! (video)
The Four Ways Adults Learn – (Video Lecture)
Tutor Training - What to NOT do! (video)
- Raising adult literacy rates to improve lives worldwide.
- ProLiteracy, the largest adult literacy and basic education membership organization in the nation, believes that a safer, stronger, and more sustainable society starts with an educated adult population. For more than 60 years, ProLiteracy has been working across the globe to change lives and communities through the power of literacy.
- Resources created for parents to help support struggling students.
- Stories and strategies on teaching from a Latino perspective
- Free videos and downloadable worksheets to help adult learners improve their reading, writing, spelling and grammar.
- Provides access to high quality practices in reading language arts offering free materials.
- Includes reading writing, and math – tips, lessons, and resources
- Parts of speech, sentence structure, phrases & clauses, capitalization & punctuation, scope & sequence