OIC Site Locations
OIC-Northwest • OIC-East • OIC-Southeast • OIC-Southwest • OIC-Central
OIC of Oklahoma and its site locations is scheduled to reopen from the COVID-19 shelter in place on Monday, June 1, 2020. The following procedures will be followed:
- Students for GED and ESL classes may return to their physical locations at the customary times, beginning Monday, June 1st.
- The following classes will continue working remotely until July 1st:
- Computer Software Training / Exit2Success
- Evening students
- SiSu Partnership will be revisited on June 15th.
- Students who are at risk or feel they have just cause will be given then option to continue working remotely at two-week intervals. Requests to continue working remotely must be submitted in writing to the Instructor and will be made a part of the file.
- Continuation to work remotely will be considered every two weeks. Students must continue to progress in order for approval to work remotely. Students may not bounce back and forth between remote and onsite.
- The consideration for working remotely will be in place until August 3, 2020. After that time, we will evaluate the need for anyone who is unable to return to regular class and/or work schedule.
- Mandatory masks. All students and staff at each location will be required to wear a mask. OIC may provide a mask initially, but it will be the individual’s responsibility to bring the mask each day, as they will not regularly be replaced without a cost.
- Temperatures will be taken upon entry to the building each day for this first 30 day period. Anyone with a temperature at 99-degrees will be dismissed from the building for the day. While OIC will not mandate testing, we will recommend self-quarantine.
- Classrooms will be disinfected at the end of each day, with particular emphasis placed on door knobs, desks, and computer equipment.
- Class sizes will be limited in order to enforce social distancing. In some of our off-site locations where the classrooms may be smaller, we encourage spreading as able into larger areas.
- Anyone who tests positive for COVID-19 is asked to notify the agency immediately in order that additional protective measures and notifications be taken.
OIC will always be prepared to take every precaution for safety. Everyone should get and BE PREPARED in the event notice must be given to return to shelter-in-place. If the infection numbers dramatically increase. Up to date contact information on all students and staff should be immediately gathered and kept up to date.
We do not know what the fall/winter will look like, so we will be prepared as needed to return to self-quarantine. Students have access to our technology loaner program to use a tablet from home.
Either way, OIC will be prepared for the next steps. If there are any questions, please never hesitate to direct them to