POSITION SUMMARY: Provide in-demand workplace skills
training to adults to prepare them for careers. This will include
real-world projects in the classroom environment to bring-to-life the computer instruction and on-task information.
SKILLS and EXPERIENCE:
• Desire and experience working in a team environment
• Active listener with expert computer skills (Windows, Word, Excel, Email)
• Ability to TEACH both hands-on computer software skills instruction and workplace theory
• Experienced leadership ability and comfortable instructing in groups
• Motivate students by responding to their individual learning styles and cultural background.
• Instruct students how to apply their knowledge to real-life situations and promote life skills needed for employment transition
ATTITUDE and ABILITIES:
• Passion and desire to serve others
• Coachable, even-tempered, positive thinker
• Big-picture thinker with the ability to execute small as well as large details
• Open-minded and willing to embrace change
• OIC intends to hire several part-time Inspired Adult Instructors for subject-specific instruction.
• An active teaching certification is not required. We are looking for candidates who are creative, inspired, have a quality work ethic (ie arrive on time, accept responsibility, follow up, desire feedback), and desire to serve others in a teaching environment.
• Harsh judgment, criticism/negativity, a lack of empathy, posturing, and “just looking for any job” candidates need not apply
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS DESIRED
• Bachelor’s degree in education or related field (senior students working toward a degree may apply). We are searching for someone who is creative, inspired, and interesting in building out a customized curriculum.
This position is during the daytime approximately 24 hours/wk.
Resumes will be accepted until the position is filled.
Apply by sending resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. In the cover letter, answer the following screening questions:
1. What are the top 3 things in your life (other than having children) that have brought you the greatest satisfaction?
2. What do you consider the most important aspect of working with adult students?
3. How do you define WORK ETHIC?