Americorps is a national community service program
offering a scholarship, living allowance, and other benefits
Visit www.americorps.gov for more info.
Skills and Experience:
• Assist students in orientation and classroom progress
• Provides classroom support for adult education instructional team
• Active listener with basic computer (Windows, Word, Excel, Email) and research skills; type at least 30wpm
Attitude and Abilities:
• Passion and desire to serve others
• A flexible person who can operate at a fast pace
• Servant attitude who adds organizational skills and clerical support to the teaching environment
• Candidates who are creative, inspired, have a quality work ethic (ie arrive on time, accept responsibility, follow up, desire feedback), and desire to serve others in a teaching environment.
•, patient, and sensitive to a diversity of students with a strong desire to help others.
• Ability to set priorities, follow through with assignments, and function under pressure
• Must display a high level of initiative, effort, and commitment towards completing assignments efficiently.
• Be a Doer!
• College hours toward and/or Associate or Bachelor’s Degree in communications, social work,
education, or related field. OIC graduates encouraged to apply.
• This is a full-time AmeriCorps position with a 12-month commitment. The assignment is Sept 2018 – Aug 2019.
• Position offers a living wage, health benefits, child care benefits, and an education stipend.
Apply by sending resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
In the cover letter, answer the following screening questions:
1. What are the top 3 things in your life (other than having children) that have brought you the
2. What do you consider the most important aspect of working with adult students?
3. How do you define WORK ETHIC?