POSITION SUMMARY: Team teaches basic reading, mathematics, social studies or science to adult learners at various academic levels. We are looking for instructors who can MOTIVATE and INSPIRE
SKILLS and EXPERIENCE:
• Grasp concepts quickly and be able to TEACH others
• Desire and experience working in a team environment
• Active listener with basic computer (Windows, Word, Excel, Email) and research skills
• Experienced leadership ability and comfortable instructing in groups
• Ability to assess problems and develop efficient, effective solutions
• Reports to the Director of Curriculum & Instruction
ATTITUDE and ABILITIES:
• Passion and desire to serve others
• Coachable, even-tempered, positive thinker
• A flexible person who can operate at a fast pace
• Open-minded and willing to embrace change
• OIC intends to hire several part-time Inspired Adult Instructors for subject-specific instruction.
While an active teaching certification is not required, we are looking for candidates who are creative, inspired, have a quality work ethic (ie arrive on time, accept responsibility, follow up, desire feedback), and the desire to serve others in a teaching environment.
• Harsh judgment, criticism/negativity, a lack of empathy, posturing, and “just looking for any job” candidates need not apply
EDUCATION and EXPERIENCE
• Minimum Education/Experience:
Bachelor’s degree in education or related field (senior students working toward a degree may apply). We are searching for those who bring creativity and out-of-the-box thinking to the classroom.
We have several positions – all part-time – during both day and evening hours. Resumes will be accepted until the positions are filled.
• Apply by sending resume and cover letter to email@example.com
• In the cover letter, answer the following screening questions:
1. What are the top 3 things in your life (other than having children) that have brought you the greatest satisfaction?
2. What do you consider the most important aspect of working with adult students?
3. How do you define WORK ETHIC?