OIC’s Book Club
OIC’s Book Club Schedule of readings
May-June: Life of Pi, by Yann Martel
July-August: Fantastic Beasts the Original Screenplay, by J.K Rowling
Aug-September: Howls Moving Castle, by Diana Wynne Jones.
October- November: The Absolutely True Diary of a Part-Time Indian, by Sherman Alexie
What is a Book Club?
A book club is a reading group, usually consisting of a number of people who read and talk about books based on a topic or an agreed-upon reading list. It’s common for book clubs to choose a specific book to read and discuss at the same time. Formal book clubs meet on a regular basis at a set location.
The OIC’s book club meets weekly on Thursday afternoons. We will discuss plot points, characters, and generally what you like or dislike about the books. Here are some of the questions we will use to generate ideas and opinions and talk about the books:
- Did you enjoy the book? Why or why not?
- How would you briefly describe the book to a friend?
- Who was your favorite character?
- At which point of the book were you most engaged?
- How would you describe the pace of the book?
- What three words would you use to summarize this book?
- Would you recommend this book to other readers? To your close friend? Why or why not?
Do you want to Join our Book club?