POSITION: The teacher assistant provides English language academic support under the guidance of the Lead Instructor. Teaching assistants will reinforce course lessons by tutoring individual students or small groups. Other required duties include creating lesson plans, documenting student progress, overseeing lesson preparations and assisting the ESL Coordinator with student orientations and when needed for general assistance. This position will prepare to teach assistants to develop practical classroom management skills and subject matter expertise in English Second Language courses.
- Assist teachers with lesson preparation.
- Provide recorded class attendance to ESL Coordinator.
- Revise lesson material with students individually or in small groups.
- Prepare class materials and classroom setup.
- Collaborate with lead teacher to recognize issues students face and recommend solutions.
- Document student progress.
- Assist ESL Coordinator with student orientations
- Highschool diploma or equivalent
- Proficient computer skills with working knowledge of Microsoft Office and Google Platforms.
- Teaching certification preferred but not required.
Skills and Abilities Required:
- Excellent oral, written and organizational skills;
- Effective Interpersonal and communication skills to help student understand course lessons;
- Resourcefulness in creative problem solving and identifying supplemental support to aid student learning,
- Sensitive to a diversity of students with a strong desire to help adults achieve their goals;
- Team player qualities a must; positive attitude and good work ethic;
Two part-time Intake Specialist Internship available:
- daytime hours for approximately 6 hours/week
- evening hours for approximately 6 hours/week
Submit a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org