Fund Development / Marketing Coordinator
AmeriCorps VISTA is a national community service program offering a scholarship, living allowance, and other benefits to members. The AmeriCorps VISTA mission is to strengthen organizations that alleviate poverty through volunteering and the mobilization of resources.
Assist with planning, implementing, and directing a comprehensive program to address activities associated with moving prospects and donors along the giving continuum. Will include assisting with the management and development of a comprehensive donor development program. An essential part of the position will be to retain and grow the number of current donors, increase total number of donors, increase prospects for giving and volunteerism, and grow subscriptions to our social media channels.
A vital part of the position will be Prospect Research. This includes research and grant writing. identifying and qualifying new and current prospects through extensive research and reading done on specific individuals, corporations and foundations. Assist with fundraising, donor development, and special events through office support and database entry.
Minimum Job Requirement:
- College hours toward and/or Associate or Bachelor’s Degree in communications, public relations, marketing, or related field, or
- Two years experience in the field of social media management, community relations, or fund development
Skills and Abilities Required
- Effective communication, organizational, presentation and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to set priorities, follow through with assignments, and function under pressure.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word and Excel
- Ability to type at least 40WPM.
- Team player qualities a must, positive attitude and good work ethic.
- Must display a high level of initiative, effort and commitment towards completing assignments efficiently
- Ability to work with minimum supervision and demonstrate attention to detail
- Must be proactive and a strong finisher in developing and executing projects
- Familiarity and comfort with social media channels including Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, Snapchat, email marketing, etc.
- Applicant must be an approved AmeriCorps VISTA Member (online VISTA app can be submitted to rrccok.org)
- Program benefits will include a living allowance, health benefit, and child care options.
- Dates of service will be from November 1, 2017 – October 31, 2017
- Interested applications should send resume to email@example.com